The Power of Your Email List
- Though email has been widely used for well over 25 years, it continues to remain one of the most powerful marketing tools in existence. It may not be as “sexy” as some of the newer marketing techniques, such as push notifications and social media, but it continues to be incredibly effective at converting people into paying customers.
- We may ignore notifications on social media and screen our phone calls, but we still pay attention to our inboxes. If you can gain access to someone’s inbox, then you have access to their attention, and there are few things more valuable than a person’s attention.
- Simply put, if you have a business of any sort, you should be building your email list. Every address on that list represents potential customers and potential dollars in the bank.
- The larger your list grows, the more you’ll be able to directly interact with those who are truly interested in your business. Because really, that’s what an email list is. It’s a list of people who have expressed interest in your business.
- But building an email list is no simple task. After all, people aren’t just going to give you their email address for no reason.
One way to build your list is to use a lead magnet. Lead magnets are one of the most effective ways to build your email list. The way it works is simple. You create something of value and then give it away in exchange for a person’s email address.
Here are 28 highly effective lead magnet ideas to help you start building your email list today…
- A checklist in which everything from a blog post is condensed into super actionable steps that can be easily referenced
- Cheat Sheet. A list of guidelines, steps, or processes that can be followed again and again
- A template for a commonly done activity (blog post, type of email, or other item) where blanks can quickly be filled in
- Swipe File. A list of things (headlines, email subject lines) that can be simply copied and pasted
- A completed sample/example of a commonly used item, such as a resume (different than a template, which has blanks)
- A fill-in-the-blank script that people can follow when talking to specific individuals (such as potential clients)
- A list of all the tools necessary to effectively perform a particular task (such as start a blog)
- Free Tool. A useful tool that anyone can use in exchange for their email address (like CoSchedule’s Headline Analyzer)
- Resource List. A large list of resources that can be easily referenced at any time (such as places that accept guest blog posts)
- A calendar which helps people plan out tasks ( such as a content creation, social media, blogging)
- A simple worksheet designed to help someone complete a specific exercise, think through something, or complete a task
- A well-designed sheet that can be easily printed and then used (such as a camping grocery list)
- Inspiration File. A compilation of inspirational resources to help people when they get stuck or simply need some extra inspiration
- A list of prompts designed to help people think through specific questions and work through challenges (like journaling prompts)
- A simple calculator designed to help someone easily complete more complex calculations, like determining the value of their house
- A spreadsheet that already has calculations programmed into it, making more difficult calculations easy
- A recipe (or list of recipes) related to a specific food plan or diet, such as the keto diet
- A step-by-step guide through a particular task or process, designed to make learning it as easy as possible
- An in-depth eBook that covers a particular subject in detail
- A shorter document (not as long as an eBook) that still covers a subject in relatively thorough detail
- A detailed report in which you discuss key information related to your industry or business
- Educational Video. A video or series of videos in which you give your expert knowledge on a particular subject
- An in-depth video/webinar which provides your prospects with significantly valuable information regarding a specific subject
- Email Course. A free course on a particular subject which you deliver via email
- Free Coaching Session. A quick coaching/consulting session where you help a person work through a particular issue
- A list of your expert predictions related to your industry or business
- Recording/Replay. A video replay of a webinar you’ve done, thus allowing your prospect to still access the valuable information
- Audio Book. A downloadable audiobook related to your business or industry
Several things to keep in mind regarding lead magnets. Be sure to send the lead magnet as soon as someone gives you their email address. If you make people wait, they’ll probably be upset.
Lead magnets need to be highly valuable. If they’re not, people simply won’t give you their email address. When writing the copy on the pop up or the landing page, focus on all the benefits that people will get if they download the lead magnet.
FREE WEBINAR – Thursday June 23 – 5:30 pm (EDT)
The money is in the list. You have heard this a few times before it is because it is very true.
An email list is a valuable asset and essential for all business owners.
No matter how many times that you read about email marketing being dead it isn’t true. It is certainly more of a challenge these days because so many companies and individuals are doing it. But it is far from dead. The secret to success with email marketing these days is a solid email list and to stand out from the crowd.
In this webinar you will learn how to build a responsive email list from scratch.
Register at There Is Money In Your List