A strong social media presence is essential to business success. It cultivates relationships, establishes expertise and brand recognition, promotes engagement, and converts followers into prospects and customers. However, while social media content and campaigns have a large presence in many businesses’ marketing plans, it’s typically from a tactical perspective. There’s a heavy focus on content scheduling, platforms, tools, and content calendars. What’s most often missing is the strategy behind all this activity.
But without a strategy, social media is at best a roll of the dice and at worst an exercise in futility. Anybody who has managed professional accounts recognizes this. Your content needs to be fresh and intriguing, appeal to your target audience, be relevant to your brand and business goals, and be delivered consistently.
Top Signs You Need a Social Media Strategy
A social media strategy is your plan of action. It details what you want to do and achieve, allowing you to measure your success and adjust if necessary. Your strategy will give you the tools and the focus to consistently and powerfully engage with your audience, create content, develop and execute campaigns, and motivate your followers to act. Yes, a social media strategy consists of a tangible plan with goals, tactics, timelines, and analytics. But what makes a strategy so powerful is the direction, vision, and motivation it provides.
An effective social media strategy will inspire you to:
By the time you complete this course, you will have developed a comprehensive, manageable, and motivating social media strategy that delivers results. As you implement the strategy, you will build your online presence and naturally create content and campaigns that appeal to your target and align with your business brand and goals. Many people worry that with the rise of TikTok, Instagram Reels, and other viral video sites on social media, you will literally need to incorporate a ‘song and dance’ into your strategy to get results. Nothing could be further from the truth. You can create fun content that will engage viewers in a way that feels right for you and your brand. This, in part, is what a good social strategy will help you uncover.
You’ll find a number of resources and ideas in this course that will give you the confidence to not only create your winning strategy, but to also execute it successfully.
Here is your roadmap through the course:
By the time you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Identify niche content related to your business that motivates you to post and engage with your audience every day
- Pinpoint the content your target audience and followers love, so that you can create posts that attract and convert prospects
- Tap into your ideal customer profile details to develop compelling, persuasive posts
- Focus on the social media platforms your target audience prefers so you can determine the best type of content to create
- Conduct a social media check-up to ensure your accounts contain the most up-to-date information and are consistent with your brand image
- Extract valuable information from your social media accounts’ analytics to gain new insights and identify areas for improvement
- Set social media goals that provide the backbone for a strategy that advances your business objectives
- Set platform-specific SMART goals that are aligned with your overall goals and accelerate the success of all your social media activities
- Leverage your social audience data to determine exactly how you will format and deliver your content in a way that increase engagement and conversions
- Explore a content curation strategy that provides value to your followers and positions you as a thought leader and expert
- Incorporate strategies for consistent posting so that you show up for your audience every day, boost search engine rank, improve conversion rates, and accumulate accurate data
- Identify audience engagement goals that motivate you to create content that converts, educates, increase brand awareness, or boost web traffic
- Create social media posts and campaigns that increase conversions, incorporating measurement tools to monitor performance so that you can adjust and improve your content
- Establish the perfect content mix that is balanced, appeals to your audience, and helps you achieve your social media goals
- Craft a strategy document (Your Blueprint for Social Media Success) that will help you refine your focus, stay on track, implement your strategy, and get results for your business
- Draft a content calendar in your chosen social media management platform that will help you achieve your ideal content mix, plan campaigns, create relevant and timely content, and save time
- Incorporate performance metrics and analytics tools to measure the effectiveness of your social media strategy, evaluate results, and make necessary adjustments to reach your goals